- Be considerate and respectful to all IGW attendees.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, materials, and speech.
- Speak up if you observe anything at an event that conflicts with this Code of Conduct. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the IGW event staff immediately.
Unacceptable behavior from any community member will not be tolerated. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any Participants of the event and related event activities. The event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Behaviors and/or attitudes we deem abusive or disruptive.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the event venue.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a Participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the IGW may take any action it deems appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from the event with no refund. For more egregious behavior, the IGW may, in its reasonable discretion, temporarily ban or permanently expel a Participant from the community.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify IGW event staff. We will be available to assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the event. All reports will remain completely confidential.